Sunday 16 October 2011

Top 5 tips for happiness!



These are my top five tips for happiness, in no particular order. They work for me, maybe they'll work for you. Everyone is different but I think we're all alike in wanting to find just a little bit of peace in a mostly crazy world.

1. Slow down. For some reason, society tells us that you can't be a happy, well rounded and above all successful person unless you are continually flat out. Well pfft to that! There's absolutely nothing wrong with smelling the roses and there's no law that says you have to fill every waking moment with activity. Quietness and solitude are pretty cool too.

2. Sleep more. Easier said than done, especially if you have little kids and I do. But, you know, going to bed at a decent hour just makes you feel better the next day. Give it a whirl.

3. Grow something. Doesn't matter if it's a full scale vegie patch, a couple of herbs in a pot, a crystal garden or even some magic sea monkeys. (Remember those?!) Just help something grow. It's a fabulous feeling.

4. Be grateful. If something really cool happens in my life, I'm grateful. If something really crappy happens in my life, I try to find a way to be grateful that it wasn't worse. (Of course, that doesn't always work - but hey, no ones perfect)  Appreciating the little things and being genuinely glad for what you have makes you feel pretty damned good.

5. Be kind. Being kind is hands down the easiest ways to make yourself happy. It's free, you have countless opportunities all day long to dip a toe in the water and for some weird reason - kindness is contagious.

These work for me. They're simple and straightforward with very limited sodding about. Sodding about isn't my copilot. I'm all for a simple life.

Jo x

2 comments:

  1. Love it Jo!
    You nearly had me at #3 then I remembered that we do have Sea Monkeys!!! Plus the children I guess I did groweded them in my tummy lol
    Welcome to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bec, I was thinking of you when I mentioned the sea monkeys!

    ReplyDelete